Categorized | Uncategorized

When Will The Republicans Learn? When Ron Paul Soars in the Polls?

Understand that when I say I “teeter back and forth on Ron Paul and mostly I’m not on his train,” I mean that I would have a more difficult time voting for him if he were to win the Republican nomination, than let’s say Gingrich or Romney.  The true tea party candidate would be either Michele Bachmann or Rick Santorum.

I teeter to Ron Paul when I get so frustrated with the Republican Party or Politicians, which happens a lot with the likes of Speaker Boehner and the ignorant, spineless Republicans in supposed control of the House.  I say to myself, “Serves the Republican Party right that Ron Paul is advancing in the polls.  Maybe that’ll scare them enough to get on the ball and practice political warfare to win.”

The Republican Party does not know that they are in a political war with the Democrats, i.e. leftists, liberals and progressives, and that the stakes are WE-THE-PEOPLE’s loss of the American way of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  I am also highly suspect, that many of them do know what is going on, but are genuinely not interested in “taking back” this country.  Instead, they are genuinely interested in gaining and maintaining power only for themselves and their close alliances within the Party.  But, such is the true nature of politics, always has been.  It is only once in awhile that a truly noble statesman appears.  This is because man, at his core, is a “dirty scoundrel.”  A noble statesman is pushed aside by scoundrels and only noticed if WE-THE-PEOPLE acknowledge him.  And, I don’t mean Ron Paul.  Not by a long shot.

I listened to Greta Van Sustern’s interview of freshman Congressmen Grimm and West right after the House decided it was going to OK Obama’s two-month extension of the tax cut.  These two looked like little boys whining to their mother, “but Obama said he wanted a one year extension of the tax cuts, Mom!  He lied.”  [Sniff, sniff, boo hoo!]

There was no mention from either of them, even after putting their tails between their legs, that what Obama was truly against was jobs for the middle class, a better life and opportunities for the middle class, and even oil for America and thus security for all Americans.  Obama was against the one-year extension because of the Canadian Keystone oil project the bill supported.  Where was this argument on the conservatives side during the negotiations?  This would have made Obama look bad.

Here was their opportunity on national TV to put Obama down, to show the public that Obama was working against the middle class, was working against national security, but yet, they didn’t take it.  Why?

When I asked a fellow middle-of-the-road Republican (not tea party Republican) about this, he said the public doesn’t care.  He was serious about his statement, too, because I asked him again.  Same answer.  When I tried to tell him, yes, the public does care about jobs, about oil, about security, he just kept telling me I was wrong.  What??!!??  In other words, I guess he supports Boehner, Grimm and West’s non-mention of the Keystone project, jobs and oil.  Wow!  Are they screwed up or what?

Yeah, serves the Republican Party right if Ron Paul gets ahead.  But, I’ll tell you, Ron Paul scares me.  Even more so, I think.  A topic for the next blog.

About Cathy Richardson

Cathy is the creator of OC Tea Party Blog and Co-Founder of South Orange County 912, a tea party group in Southern California, founded March 30, 2009. She is an advocate for American values and a return to the principles of our Declaration of Independence and our U.S. Constitution. You can reach her here.

23 Responses to “When Will The Republicans Learn? When Ron Paul Soars in the Polls?”

1. Freedomfrank says:

Ron Paul scares you because you do not understand Liberty; but I’m here to help–the 10 principles of Liberty–from Ron Paul’s latest book “Liberty Defined.”

1. Rights belong to individuals, not groups; they derive from our nature and can neither be granted nor taken away by government.
    2. All peaceful, voluntary economic and social associations are permitted; consent is the basis of the social and economic order.
    3. Justly acquired property is privately owned by individuals and voluntary groups, and this ownership cannot be arbitrarily voided by governments.
    4. Government may not redistribute private wealth or grant special privileges to any individual or group.
    5. Individuals are responsible for their own actions; government cannot and should not protect us from ourselves.
    6. Government may not claim the monopoly over a people’s money and governments must never engage in official counterfeiting, even in the name of macroeconomic stability.
    7. Aggressive wars, even when called preventative, and even when they pertain only to trade relations, are forbidden.
    8. Jury nullification, that is, the right of jurors to judge the law as well as the facts, is a right of the people and the courtroom norm.
    9. All forms of involuntary servitude are prohibited, not only slavery but also conscription, forced association, and forced welfare distribution.
    10. Government must obey the law that it expects other people to obey and thereby must never use force to mold behavior, manipulate social outcomes, manage the economy, or tell other countries how to behave.

2. Hal says:

With all due respect, and this does not mean I endorse Newt or Mitt, but, Ron Paul, in addition to having the most naive and dangerous lack of foreign policy, is anti-semetic. Every interview I have seen with him makes it very clear. Also, I have watched several times when he has been asked if Israel has a right to exist. His answer is always, “No.”. He is anti-Israel, anti-semetic and with the position that we have no business trying to deny Iran a nuclear weapon, he’d get us all killed.

Now, all these documents have surfaced furthering proof of his anti-semitism and racism and he just tries to say he did not write those things.

While I can agree about the Fed and spending, the rest of his positions are nuts. Ron Paul is as nuts as Obama is Marxist. And, go onto any blog site where there is a discussion about Ron Paul. If you read the comments written by his supporters and have no problem with those whack jobs, you need to do some serious reassessment. Respectfully.

• OCTPadmin says:

“. . . he’d get us all killed,” is correct. That’s Ron Paul’s #6 and #10 in action. LOL!

• Freedomfrank says:

Hal,

Israel Firsters, Zionists, all Paul naysayers please stop with the Ron Paul is an anti-Semite, anti –Israel remarks, you sound stupid but if not really stupid, you are using the same tactics (shutting down debate words like “racist,” “extremist,” “kook,” “nut-job” etc..) that progressives and leftists used on WE Tea Party people and Sarah Palin the last two years—how soon do you forget. Take a moment and educate yourself:

A word from Benjamin Netyenahu:

A word from Leon Hadar, a Washington-based journalist and foreign policy analyst. A Hebrew version of this essay original appeared in Haaretz.

You do know that we Paulistas are laughing at these ridiculous and phony attacks that blogs, rags, and main stream media are desperately trotting out. I think Ghandi (which Ron Paul –a man of peace, not war –admires greatly) said this: First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

• noczars says:

@Hal= Very well said. Also, could someone answer what Ron Paul’s stance is on Chrisianity???
      I have heard his son speak of HIS faith, but NEVER heard a word from Ron Paul.

3. Plumbadrumma says:

It is critical that this election we MUST elect an honest to goodness Constitutional Conservative as President. This elected Conservative Must take steps on day one in office to repeal Obama Care. Only one Candidate has taken the yolk on their shoulders to get the people to take a stand and to come to DC. to protest this take over of the free market and individual liberty when it comes to Our Choice of health care and providers. Every month we learn more about “What’s In The Bill” that will steal not only our liberties but also our personal treasure, i.e. The Government’s right to take funds out of American Citizens bank accounts as they deem necessary for the good of the many

4. OCTPadmin says:

We need look no further than to our Founding Fathers and the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution to define Liberty! Ron Paul redefines liberty to suit his Libertarian view. You and I know that RP is truly a Libertarian and not a Conservative or a Republican. That is why he is not a tea party candidate nor did he stage the first tea party in 21st Century America.

To satisfy you and other RPs, however, here are my comments to Ron Paul’s definition of liberty based on our Founding Fathers’ original intent:

1. Rights are not derived from our “nature” they are, as the Declaration of Independence states, “endowed by our Creator.”

2. Consent is not the basis of social and economic order, the Rule of Law is.

3 & 4. In general agree.

5. To a certain extent government is entrusted to protect people from themselves; courts use to rule based on the premises of “being in the best interests of society.”

6. In general agree.

7. Disagree, sometimes aggression is the best form of defense. Also, read Early American history with the Muslim terrorists, Barbary (Pirates) War.

8. ok

9. You’re saying the draft into the military is unconstitutional; don’t agree.

10. Disagree; governments sometimes must act accordingly.

• Willing to Listen says:

Also, Libertarianism used to be part of the Republican Party, so you’re making a false dichotomy:

Inside Ronald Reagan

“If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. I think conservatism is really a misnomer just as liberalism is a misnomer for the liberals–if we were back in the days of the Revolution, so-called conservatives today would be the Liberals and the liberals would be the Tories. The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is.

Now, I can’t say that I will agree with all the things that the present group who call themselves Libertarians in the sense of a party say, because I think that like in any political movement there are shades, and there are libertarians who are almost over at the point of wanting no government at all or anarchy. I believe there are legitimate government functions. There is a legitimate need in an orderly society for some government to maintain freedom or we will have tyranny by individuals. The strongest man on the block will run the neighborhood. We have government to insure that we don’t each one of us have to carry a club to defend ourselves. But again, I stand on my statement that I think that libertarianism and conservatism are travelling the same path.”

5. Rita says:

You all still think there are two parties….hahaha…there won’t be a decent Republican candidate. It’s all a big show.

Also, when people criticize China, no only calls them anti-Chinese. When people criticize France, no one call them anti-French. There is only ONE group you can’t criticize without being called an ANTI and they are those that are known as Israelis or Jews.

No one should be above honest criticism. It reminds me of Chairman Mao’s rule where all dissent was crushed. Do you really want to live in that kind of country? Or do you want all Americans to be able to express their thoughts, even if you don’t agree with them?

Ron Paul wants to put the United States above EVERY country and that’s as it should be.

Israel is a crappy ally. They sell our secrets and spy on us. They sound more like enemies than friends. Take your blinders off.

• noczars says:

@Rita=THIS is exactly what ALL paulistas sound like. RACISTS, and isolationist. Don’t forget we had a 30 year Congressman that was a proud KKK member (Bird).

6. OCTPadmin says:

Wow, Rita, you are so wrong! Be careful! You are not making the RPs look good with your comments.

• Rita says:

Shame on you Cathy. Ron Paul is putting America First and you won’t support him. I thought the Teaparty wanted America to succeed???

You said I am wrong. Why don’t you use facts to tell me how I’m wrong about:

There being little real difference between the Republican Party and the Democrat Party

The fact that Israelis/Jews are the ONLY group on the planet, no one is allowed to criticize without being shouted down, called names or worse.

And tell me how I am wrong about Israel spying on us. It was in all the papers!

I await your answer.

You’re a smart lady. You can do better than warning me to “be careful”.

Respectfully, Rita

7. Joe says:

Do you really believe the government should use force for the sake of “…to mold behavior, manipulate social outcomes, manage the economy, or tell other countries how to behave?”

The country is supposed to use force when our sovereignty and lives are in eminent danger that requires and act from Congress. In your assessment, the government has already exerted its influence on all of the issues mentioned above which is one of the primary reasons we’re in this “pickle” in the first place. I respectfully disagree and I don’t think it’s necessary to bullet point the topics to make the point.

Again, the government has directly intervened through the use of force and the threat of prison “…to mold behavior, manipulate social outcomes, manage the economy, or tell other countries how to behave.” It really isn’t working and I think after careful thought, you would have to agree.

8. bhoops1 says:

Ron Paul is truly the only conservative candidate. This continued politically driven war machine pulls precious dollars away from us at an astounding rate. What other candidate asks questions such as, “why are we fighting, why are they so angry with us, and why don’t we try peaceful speech with these people?” He has clearly stated that he will defend this great country, and do it the correct way… with a declaration from congress. I am a veteran and am proud to say that I endorse the only candidate who believes in sound money, a strong national defense, and free market economics.

On a side note, have Dr. Paul debate any of the other candidates on free market principles and I am sure he would blow them out of the water. They would be taking notes.

9. Lynn says:

This is why our conservative label becomes meaningless. There is no unity like they have on the freaky left.
    Ron Paul is clueless when it comes to foreign policy. Not just due to his anti-Semetic views but because he fails to comprehend the global nature of our world. It does make me wonder if he has started to lose some of his faculties. His son doesn’t appear to be as out of it, and I think it is prudent to question Ron’s soundness of mind.
    As for the Tea Party, we still have less power & less money than the “Establishment” – how sad & really, how destructive is this circumstance?! It will likely boil down to another “anyone but Obama” election so we had better start focusing on getting people registered & committed to show up for the vote. Otherwise, the growing entitlement and occupy idiots will steal this election right out from under our feet. I’m just sayin’…

• Rita says:

They have no unity because they’ve burned us over and over again.

The Republican party has accomplished NOTHING in decades except making war in the middle east. It’s a complete shame.

And by the way, I’ve been a registered Repub since the 90s.

10. noczars says:

Rick (hubby) and I totally agree. At first we were donating to Herman Cain. Then Michele Bachmann and now Rick Santorum. I would take either one and am very excited to see Rick Santorum come up in the poles. He, like Michele, is proud to be a Christian, proud to be a Constitutional conservative and you can trust they are not RINO’s.

11. johnmesq says:

Ron Paul Is not a conservative. He is a nativist, populist, isolationist. His naive view of foreign policy would be a disaster if he were President. Fortunately, he is unelectable. No matter how much you hate the corruption in Congress he is not the answer. Anyone who supports him is supporting President Obama’s reelection.

12. Brian Brady says:

I always find it amusing when a self-described “tea party” website is critical or Congressman Paul as “not being worthy of tea party support. In fact, the first modern tea party was held in Boston, in 2007, and was organized by Corie Whalen. She had Rand Paul come and speak in support of his father’s 2008 Presidency and to protest against big government.

All tea party groups claim to stand forst for “limited government” but I watch the activists fall for big government Republicans like Santorum (yes…he admits he’s a big govt guy” and Gingrich. Michelle Bachmann understood the concept of limited government but alas, she is unelectable.

There are really only two candidates who advocate cutting the federal government: Gary Johnson and Ron Paul. Mitt Romney is starting to show signs that he understands the concept but, as history shows he didn’t do it when he could. At least he’s paying lip service to the notion while Santorum and Gingrich still believe they can “fix” a big bureaucracy

13. OCTPadmin says:

Brian, many tea party patriots do not like Ron Paul’s foreign policy and they do not believe he started this particular tea party movement. If he had we would have launched at that time. The Tea Party members are allowed to have a different opinion than Ron Paul, correct? While we very much like his ideas and determination on fiscal issues, his inability to understand the real threat of radical Islam is a big problem for most tea party members. And, then, it is troubling when he keeps blaming America for 911 and so on. Ron Paul did not participate in the Tea Party Patriots national presidential “debate” webinar they had a few weeks back. Nor did his fans participate on the call. Ron Paul fans are generally highly aggressive and insulting. You know that Ron Paul is actually a Libertarian, perhaps that is where our differences of opinion lie. We are conservatives, not Libertarians.

14. noczars says:

You are one of the more sane RP supporters, however, Santoroum and Bachmann are more main stream CONSERVATIVES. Romney and Gingrich are both either big government or GLOBAL government. Since Sarah Palin was slain by our GOP and Bachman was sabotaged by Romney/Paul supporters, that leaves Santorum. RP is too extreme RIGHT than any other. In fact he agrees with Obama on overseas issues.

15. cynthia curran says:

Paul’s also bad on illegal immigration. Actually, I think illegal mitigation has caused the County and the Country to go more Democratic since they are an under class and it causes white flight. Center for immigration studies shows immigrants in Ca and Tx for about 20 years more likely to have a welfare program and one of the biggest is the free and reduce lunch program. Obamacare in my mind comes second to the disaster that illegal immirgation and some mass legal immirgtion has caused.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks