Robert Ming for O.C. Board of Supervisors, 5th District!

By Kelly R. Hubbard:

As many of you know, there are two open seats up for election this year on the Board of Supervisors! In my neck of the woods, voters will decide on either Michelle Steel or Allan Mansoor to replace termed-out John Moorlach in the second district. Another very important Supervisoral race is taking place in the 5th district in South Orange County. Patricia “Pat” Bates, current representative in the 5th, is termed-out and she’s also running for state senate in North San Diego County.

In the 5th District, three GOP candidates are running to replace her: former Laguna Niguel Mayor Robert Ming, Mission Viejo Councilman Frank Ury, and Dana Point Mayor Lisa Bartlett.

It’s important that we maintain a strong fiscally responsible presence on the Board of Supervisors, particularly since John Moorlach and Patricia Bates will soon be departing. Particularly Moorlach, but to a lesser extent Bates, both have maintained a high level of fiscal integrity while serving on the Board of Supervisors! It’s crucial that we elect someone in their place who has demonstrated those same fiscally conservative values!

Based on my review of the three GOP candidates running, I believe the best and most qualified candidate is former Laguna Niguel Mayor Robert Ming! I have looked into Ming’s record from 2006 through 2013! I have not found any glaring inconsistencies, particularly on fiscal matters! Under his watch both as Mayor and on the Council, Robert Ming has never voted for a tax increase and has fought successfully throughout the years for balanced budgets!

In the case of one of his opponents, Mission Viejo Councilman Frank Ury, there is a much more inconsistent record on fiscal issues, this according to local activists who have developed a scorecard of his record! Ming’s other GOP opponent, Dana Point Mayor Lisa Bartlett, has a voting history of tax increases!

Ming is a lifelong Orange County resident and a devoted family man! He has a fairly long and very distinguished legal career, which includes once serving as a research aide for former Clinton Impeachment Prosecutor Kenneth Starr and he once served as a clerk for O.J. Simpson Trial Judge Lance Ito!

These days, after serving several years on the city council, Ming is now top attorney for a local Investment Banking firm. He’s also a well-known Orange County Republican activist and one of the original authors of a Voter I.D. Act initiative! I strongly encourage to find out more about Ming and take a look at his issues page on his website! The 5th Supervisoral District encompasses pretty much all of southern Orange County, south of Irvine. Let’s elect another strong fiscal conservative to represent us in County government! Robert Ming for O.C. Supervisor, 5th District! Read below.

Kelly Hubbard
kellyhubbard123@gmail.com

About Kelly Hubbard

Kelly Hubbard is a long time O.C. Patriot/Conservative Activist who is known for his tough no non-sense vetting of candidates and diligent research on the issues of concern to Tea Partiers in Orange County and throughout the state. Kelly blogs on a whole range of national, state, and local political news, with an emphasis on elections and candidates. You can read many of Kelly's posts right here exclusively on O.C. Tea Party blog and we encourage you to share them with others.

9 Responses to “Robert Ming for O.C. Board of Supervisors, 5th District!”

1. john says:

Why, if Ming is so good with Financial, did his form 700 show no income for the years prior to 2013? What sort of financial disclosure is that? What is he hiding? The other two candidates you mentioned for the 5th actually filed complete form 700 for the years they’ve been in office.

2. john says:

Also, It has come to light that Robert Ming is paying himself from campaign funds, flowing the money from his campaign account (donors) to a company he has ownership in.

The 700 form shows his ownership (both a shareholder and an officer) in IC Media, and his 460s show over $8000 in payments to that company. Going back to his Laguna Niguel campaign, that total is over $19000. He pays a fundraiser for fundraising, then pays his company for the same function.

Supervisor Candidate Ming has stated that he has no economic interests in IC Media, and that it was to provide “catering” and “staff support services for conservative candidates and companies”.

Fair enough, then there are two very easy questions for Mr. Ming to answer:

1) Provide a list of paying candidates and companies who have contracted with IC Media, and for what services?
    2) Since catering is a taxable service, I am sure Mr. Ming, who is an attorney, could easily provide tax payment receipts for his IC Media business catering services.

I look forward to his response, and will send it to all of you when I get it, John

These are his statements directly from his campaign website regarding the business dealings of IC Media:

2. The money paid to IC Media for fundraising was for catering costs at the many events I’ve held since the beginning of this campaign, and before that for my city council campaign and roundtable. This is entirely separate from the fundraising fees paid to my fundraising consultant.

3. IC Media was initially formed in 1998 to sell Christian music online, but remained dormant until 2008 when we reinvented it to provide catering, web design and staff support services for conservative candidates and companies. IC Media designed and hosts my campaign website and has catered my events since the beginning of the campaign.

• John says:

I am a knucklehead and I cannot read disclosure forms. If I could delete my prior post, I would. Sorry about that.

3. Dan priem says:

Why don’t people educate themselves before they shoot their mouths off? Form 700 is not about income. There are thresholds and criteria for what I must be listed there. I’ve filled them out for decades and never had to list my primary job income.

4. Al says:

Just another Rethug who is worked up over voter I.D.s…did I read this wrong? I smell a lot of the Tea Party fecal matter deposited in too many places in our county, not to mention, country. Mix in a Christian Music operation, and you have a prescription for the end of our society as we know it…hmmm…maybe that is what these critters want.

5. Robert Curtis says:

We already have two attorneys on the board of supervisors. Shouldn’t we have a mixture rather than more lawyers to clog our already over regulated systems of government?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY – Deuteronomy 4:29-31 (NIV)

"But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul. When you are in distress and all these things have happened to you, then in later days you will return to the Lord your God and obey him. For the Lord your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your forefathers, which he confirmed to them by oath." 3-7-16

UPCOMING EVENTS

There are no upcoming events at this time.

Diamond and Silk

QUOTE OF THE DAY: Donald Trump from”Crippled America” (Posted on 3-7-16)

"But then I realized I couldn't stand what I was seeing. I couldn't believe the hypocrisy and inaction of Washington 'insiders' who wanted to keep the gravy train flowing in their direction, while outside the beltway, Americans were suffering and they were rightfully angry about the lack of leadership and creativity. . . . It begins by creating millions of good jobs for hardworking Americans."

Thanks for your Support!

Need a new loan or want to refinance? Call Greg Prete. He can get your loan FAST and at the BEST RATE! Greg's office is just off the 5 Fwy at Lake Forest. If you have a mortgage question, call him too, he'll be glad to answer your question. Call 949.788.1835 TODAY. Visit www.GregPrete.com (NMLS #276363/1850). You will be glad you did! (Affiliated with American Pacific Mortgage.)

Get the latest articles directly to your inbox.
* = required field