Tea Party Movement
What is the tea party movement?
It is a movement of WE THE PEOPLE who want to (i) restore our nation to our Founding Father’s wise and timeless original intent, and (ii) preserve our nation of liberty, freedom and equality (eliminate the gross power of special interests).
There are two main purposes of the tea party movement.
- #1 -It is to educate, organize and activate WE THE PEOPLE.
- #2 -It is also to call out the governments’ unconstitutional acts including naming those individuals or groups that support those acts.
What we believe:
In an attempt to identify the movement more clearly, we have attempted to list the tea party movement’s tenants below. The list started out small, but has grown – indicative of the enormous challenges facing the American people. This list is not inclusive or exclusive, however, if you find yourself unable to hold onto too many of the tenants, you may want to reconsider whether you are part of the tea party movement.
1. We believe that America is good and exceptional. We are patriotic and law abiding. We are concerned for the poor, the hungry and the oppressed but do not believe it is the governments’ role to alleviate these problems through forced taxation. We believe it is the voluntary responsibility of individuals, families, the communities of faith and religion, and other non-profits. We, ourselves, routinely participate in charity.
2. We believe in our Founding Fathers’ original intent, including reliance on, and reverence of, the Judeo-Christian God, and the necessary and rightful free exercise thereof in the civic arena on the local, state or federal level.
3. We believe that our current federal government, namely Congress (both Republicans and Democrats), has over-stepped its Constitutional enumerated powers and is leading America into its demise.
4. We believe that the federal government has been overtaken by the powerful elite progressives both within government and without (special interests) whose underlying agenda is to create an oligarchy with some form of democratic socialism (social justice) and communism enslaving us through increased spending, unreasonable taxation and overbearing government intrusion.
5. We believe that the federal Department of Education is a prime example of an unconstitutional agency wasting and corrupting America. We believe the Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Commerce are prime examples of overreach and intrusion of states rights and individual rights.
6. We believe that the tea party has very little in common with the Occupy Wall Street movement, and that OWS originated and is being fed by the very same powerful elite progressives mentioned above in #4.
7. We believe that family and individuals are most important, not the collective. We believe the powerful elite progressives’ agenda is the destruction of the American family and its values.
8. We honor and praise our military and all police/sheriff and fire forces. We believe it is because they freely give the ultimate sacrifice, America is the land of the free, home of the brave and the most highly desired country worldwide.
9. We believe in the right to pursue happiness and believe that capitalism or competition ensures our ability to do so which means personal responsibility and the right to work as hard as we want using our unique gifts and talents. We believe it produces and encourages the best in everyone securing and growing the middle class, fostering great innovations that benefit all of society in the most fair and equitable manner possible.
10. We believe that entitlements are necessary for the few and would be best served by communities of faith and other non-profits voluntarily rather than through forced taxation. We believe Americans have always been generous and caring, especially for the downtrodden or unfortunate.
11. We believe that ObamaCare is unconstitutional, will not solve the problems of the un-insured and will not work. We believe it is unsustainable due to the bureaucracies it will create exploding its costs each year and therefore limiting innovations, hospitals, doctors and equipment. We also believe it will ruin the quality of care as it continues to exploit the doctors, the hospitals and the doctor/patient relationship disallowing necessary testing and procedures.
12. We believe that laws should be enforced to stop illegal immigration and a fence be built along our southern border. We acknowledge that this is a security issue as well as an economic issue and American sovereignty issue of language and culture. We believe Americans have a right to desire, protect and secure its sovereignty as well as require future citizens to assimilate. In addition, discussion of illegal immigration reform cannot be had until the borders are secured, not just merely promised.
13. We believe that special interests and groups divided among class or wealth, race or nationality, sexual preferences or identities, geographic or political parties are being used as tools by the powerful elite progressives to divide rather than to unite or help flourish the American Dream for all.
14. We believe that Islam with its undeniable strong nexus to Shariah Law breeds terrorism. We acknowledge the history of Islamic terrorism from our nation’s early days to the present. We acknowledge the dominant leaders of Islam worldwide that call Israel, “the little Satan,” and America, “the great Satan,” and thus their hatred toward Israel and America calling for their destruction. We acknowledge their agenda to establish a caliphate (dominance of the world under Shariah Law) even within America and, therefore, must be exposed and stopped.
15. We believe that environmentalism has become a means to be used by the government to severely control people and businesses and raise revenue (taxes, fees, penalties, cap & trade) for the government to use, not only for good justifiable programs but also mainly for payoffs, corruption and for its insatiable desire to ever increase and sustain the bureaucracy.
16. We believe in traditional marriage and that forcing the normalization of other sexual identities is an infringement on our 1st amendment rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.
17. We believe in pro-life. We believe that society has been deceived into believing that abortion is a necessity for a civil government and that life does not begin at conception. We believe that if the pro-life merits were presented equally and fairly, any reasonable person would have to come to the conclusion that it is in the best interests of society that we be a society that promotes life for the unborn.